Be operated with the involvement and consent of local communities.
- Give a fair share of profits back to the local community.
- Involve communities rather than individuals, because working with individuals can disrupt social structures.
- Be environmentally sustainable. Local people must be involved if conservation projects are to succeed.
- Respect traditional culture and social structures.
- Have mechanisms to help communities cope with the impact of Western tourists.
- Keep groups small to minimize cultural and environmental impact.
- Brief tourists before the trip on appropriate behavior.
- Not pressure local people to perform inappropriate ceremonies.
- Leave communities alone if they don’t want tourism.
- respect the people, respect thier community, respect thier culture, respect thier religious beliefs.