Aquila Eco Lodges are nestled amidst Grampians National Park at the foot of Mount Abrupt near Dunkeld, which is well known for great food and art.
Aquila has been rated as one of the 10 top destinations in Victoria by Tourism Victoria.
It has been designed as a contemporary showcase for living in harmony with the environment and is the first tourist accommodation in Victoria certified by the Ecotourism Australia and protected by the Trust for Nature covenant.
Aquila is a perfect destination for weekend retreats, romantic gateways and exploration of the Grampian’s native environment. We offer you a taste of true eco tourism and promise the most leisured and peaceful experience that you are not likely to forget.
Aquila Eco Lodges comprises of four, well spaced, architect designed lodges that are nestled in 100 acres of virgin bushland – bordered by the Grampians National Park and the Dunkeld Golf Course, providing a perfect environment for a retreat.
Each of the Treehouses and Lofthouses is self contained and furnished in modern, minimalistic style creating an atmosfere of luxury.
The lodges eploy the latest technologies available to sustainable building, such as use of rain water, solar power, self composting waste treatment and are widely recognised for their low environmental impact approach to development.
- Our Reception is staffed 7 days a week between 7am – 11pm
- Access to wireless internet is available in the Conference Room
- Selection of DVDs, board games, reference books, binoculars are available at the office
- You will be provided with a parking area next to your lodge
- There is a children playground located away from the lodges
- Each lodge has a slow combustion wood burning heater for cold winter days
- And evaporative coolers to relieve summer heat
- Self guided walking trails (2.1 and 4.8km )
- They have accredited disabled facilities available in one of the Lofthouses
- They can provide transport to and back from Royal Mail Hotel (see the “Tariff” section for details)
- They can organise ‘baby sitting’ (to be booked well in advance)